- Company: SOS Healthcare
- Base Pay: £23,000 - £28,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: KA/BIR
- Contact: Jan Anderson
- Phone: 0203 4570313
- To participate in the provision of an efficient and safe imaging service for the Hospital’s patients, consultants and staff.
- Produce images to department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff
- Participate in the on going QA programme and ensure mandatory QA tests are performed and documented
- Practise good radiation, protection and safety and observe local rules and systems of work.
- Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run, and as part of a team apply these criteria to the Imaging Department generally.
- Participate in and support the imaging centre’s business plan and goals and objectives.
- Develop good communications and relationships with colleagues at all levels within the hospital.
- Participate in and contribute to quality assurance tests within the Imaging Department.
- Update clinical knowledge and professional development on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in the department on-call rota.
- Charge for all radiography services, fulfilling all the billing requirements of the hospital.
- Comply with corporate, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- This post holder will be expected, in time, to assume shared responsibility for a specific area of the department e.g. QA / audit
- Be willing to work across both sites
- Departmental Manager – full accountability
- Superintendent Radiographer - initial performance review, reference point for further training.
- Patients – in and out patients as customers.
- Peers – teamwork and support.
- Medical staff, consultants – discussion and requests re patient care.
- Other clinical departments – liaison for patient care.
- Other non-clinical departments – close liaison and co-operation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient and accurate production of high quality diagnostic images with low radiation dose to the patients within a safe environment.
- Ability to participate in full department workload.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Diagnostic Radiography.
- State Registration (HCPC).
- Certificate of Competency in Mammography
- Able to make judgements of situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people across the hospital
- Ability to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- IT skills
Think Customer: Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants. Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
Own Your Part in Delivering Results: Demonstrates determination, resourcefulness and purpose to personally deliver the best results for the organisation. Takes ownership for the whole situation including actions, outcomes and consequences.
Leadership: Develops a compelling sense of purpose and direction. Motivates and empowers others to align their efforts to achieve our goals. Creates an open and trusting environment. Demonstrates high moral standards and integrity in all matters.
Impact & Influencing: Persuades, convinces and influences others to enable progress and deliver success. Takes a partnership approach, aiming for an outcome that is mutually beneficial. Has a high degree of self-awareness and maintains a calm demeanour in stressful and challenging situations whilst still achieving desired outcomes.
Be One Team: The ability to gain an understanding of the needs of others, build strong relationships and drive action that is mutually beneficial for both individuals and the company. Always behaves in a way that is consistent with the Behaviours and is receptive to further improvement.
Innovate, Adapt & Change: Develops new insights into situations, questions conventional approaches, encourages new ideas and innovations. Is open to change. Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, being tolerant of necessary change and fluidity within the organisation.
I accept this as my role profile, which may be subject to change to meet the needs of the business