Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse
Salary: £24,000-£28,000 (£12.30-£14.36 per hour)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, passionate Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse to join a fantastic team at a reputable Treatment Centre in Bristol. The centre is bright, modern and welcoming and offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. The service enjoys a fab reputation for providing excellent patient care and really believes in putting patents first. The Treatment Centre is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Bristol.
What you'll be doing:
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will be working within day case/ recovery.
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care, encompassing a variety of specialities.
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will be ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and post their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately.
What you'll need:
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will have extensive experience within an acute environment with recent experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will have previous experience in pre-assessment
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will have a good understanding of Infection Control and Health and Safety issues relating to theatre
- As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will have Competency to care for patients in recovery As Recovery / Day Surgery Nurse you will have knowledge of when need to refer to an Anaesthetist
- You will be a Level 1 NMC Registered General Nurse
- You will have ENB 176/183 or equivalent post- operative surgical care experience
- You will; have ILS training
Key employee benefits:
- Excellent Induction Plan
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme
- Extensive induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Child care vouchers
- Career progression
- Free uniform
- Paid DBS
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pay enhancements for bank holidays
- Discounts for various shops and companies
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This location is commutable from: Coalpit Heath, Winterbourne, Westerleigh and Bristol.