We have an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join the multidisciplinary team at our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: Major and minor orthopaedic surgery , ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, , diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, urology. And dental surgery
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Working within day case/ recovery at Emersons Green, you will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care, encompassing a variety of specialities, ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and post their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience within an acute environment with recent experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
• Previous experience in pre-assessment
• A good understanding of Infection Control and Health and Safety issues relating to theatre
• Competency to care for patients in recovery
• Knowledge of when need to refer to an Anaesthetist
• Level 1 NMC Registered General Nurse
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post- operative surgical care experience
• ILS training
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.