Recovery ODP / RGN
Hours: Full time 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed Recovery ODP / RGN to join a fantastic perioperative team. The hospital is bright warm and welcoming and a few years ago underwent a £1.5 million refurbishment, investing in advanced medical technology meaning its reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments is second to none. The hospital boasts three fully equipped theatres, with ultra clean air technology. The refurbished recovery area has doubled in size and benefits from the latest technology. A new dedicated endoscopy suite is the most recent addition. We have successfully achieved JAG accreditation this year. The operating theatres are busy acute environments dealing with a wide variety of major and minor surgical interventions and treat approximately 500 patients a month across all specialties.The hospital has excellent road and rail links around the Gloucestershire area.
What you'll be doing:
- As Recovery ODP/RGN you will be working across both Anaesthetics and Recovery
- As Recovery ODP/RGN you will be dealing with a wide variety of major and minor surgical interventions and the hospital treats 500 patients a month.
- As Recovery ODP/RGN you will be involved in conducting basic theatre duties as allocated by the Unit Lead or the Senior Nurse on Duty to ensure that the care, welfare, safety and comfort of all patients is of the highest possible standard
- As Recovery ODP/RGN you will promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/patients/relatives, and the multi-disciplinary team.
What you'll need:
- As Recovery Nurse you will be qualified to RGN Level 1
- As Recovery Nurse you will have the ability to participate in on-call duties
- As Recovery Nurse you will have proven post registration experience
- As Recoveey Nurse you will have an understanding of the patient journey and the key role that Theatre and Recovery play and make efforts to improve the experience of patients
Key employee benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership of our fantastic Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This location is commutable from: Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud.