Registered Ambulatory Care Practitioner
Salary: £26,000-£30,000 (£13.33-£15.38 per hour)
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs)
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Ambulatory Care Practitioner to join a brand new stand alone Ambulatory Care Unit at a very reputable private hospital in Kent. An Ambulatory Care Unit is a patient focused service where procedures are carried out without the need for an overnight stay in hospital. The aim of this unit is to provide our patients with a seamless service which is patient focussed. The hospital is bright warm and welcoming and set in a beautiful location. They look after a range of clinical services which are delivered in a way that is tailored to meet individual needs as possible. Everyone at the hospital is fully committed to excellence in healthcare and they have a continuous programme of improvement to maintain our extremely high standards. It is easily accessible from public transport links and has an excellent reputation throughout the Kent area. The successful candidates will form part of an expanding team.
What you'll be doing:
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will plan and implement high standards of Peri-operative care, following hospital guidelines and protocols, promoting a patient-focused approach to care
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will where necessary, and appropriate to the particular department, prepare and facilitate theatre lists including entering patient information on IT systems
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will ensure patient care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively maintained
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will ensure patient information data is correctly recorded in the appropriate IT systems
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will look general supervision of junior members of the team, including providing clinical supervision/act as a mentor
- Other duties will include undertaking basic tests(if occasionally required to cross work with other departments) such as; phlebotomy, ECG, breath tests, peak flows, bladder scans and flow rates, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height, weight and BMI calculations, etc. Be able to interpret results and raise awareness of abnormal results. Analysis of tests is the responsibility of the relevant medical practitioner in the case
- To assist in ACU theatre procedures in addition to patients having diagnostic procedures such as endoscopy, cystoscopy and hysteroscopy
What you'll need:
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will participate in the department's shift pattern and may be required to work shifts, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will be expected to be a member of the Nursing & Midwifery Council/Health and Care Professionals Council and will be expected to abide by the relevant Code of Conduct and any supporting policies/procedures for clinical staff within the hospital.
- As Ambulatory Care Practitioner you will have a degree in Operating Department Practice or equivalent qualification and/or experience
- Registered Nurse (with supporting PREP evidence)
- Evidence of Scrub or theatre experience
- Basic phlebotomy, drug administration (IV and sub-cutaneous) and ECG monitoring experience or a willingness to undertake training
- Proven ability to undertake multiple tasks under pressure
- Mentorship experience or willingness to undertake training
- 27 days' annual leave entitlement, rising with length of service
- Defined contribution pension scheme and life assurance plan
- A free minibus system with various pick up points in the local area and from nearby rail links.
- In-house training and development facilities
- Enjoyable social events such as the bi-annual fair, Christmas lunches and dinners, prize-giving, trips, quiz nights and raffles
- Opportunity to apply for the Lord Plant Travel Fellowship with up to £3,000 for the successful staff member to travel anywhere globally and learn about healthcare related ideas
- Subsidised food and beverages, and free on-site parking
- Access to a private children's nursery on-site. Click here to visit KB's Day Nursery.
- Investors in People accreditation
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email email@example.com
This location is commutable from: Cranbrook, Sissinghurst, Tenterden, Kent