Registered Care Home Manager - Nurse
Base Pay : N/A
Other Pay : N/A
Location : UK-Huntley, Aberdeenshire
Site or Unit :
The Meadows Care Home (Huntly, Aberdeenshire)Address :
Burnside Road Huntly Aberdeenshire AB54 8UHContracted Weekly Hours : Full Time
The Meadows Care Home is a 43 bedded care home. We are a purpose built home, providing a high standard of care for general nursing and nursing with dementia. Our home has a specialised dementia care unit and has a Silver PEARL accreditation. We also cater for short term respite and palliative care. The Meadows is set in landscaped gardens and situated on the outskirts of the small town of Huntly. We are only a few minutes away from the local shops and amenities within walking distance of the local Tesco. The Home is ideally situated on a local bus route for commuting from neighbouring towns and villages. We have a dedicated team who work well together to make The Meadows a happy and welcoming home.You'll find The Meadows on the outskirts of the small town of Huntly, Aberdeenshire. Our team of trained nurses and care assistants deliver excellent care to our frail elderly and dementia residents.
As the Registered Care Home Manager- Nurse you have responsibility for managing a business, you will lead a team and be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
So as a Registered Home Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Actively ensure the home has the highest possible levels of occupancy – utilising links with the local community, positively marketing the home and increasing public awareness of our services.
- Take on accountability for the home – ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Manage the financial effectiveness of the home - maintain the budget of the home and seek to identify opportunities to increase profitability and reduce cost.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Manage every facility in the home – although we are in the care business to deliver this you will manage every service from laundry and maintenance through to catering.
- Developing your people – you will have the opportunity to build your team, by recruiting and developing the right people to grow your business and through supporting their career development.
In order to achieve this our Registered Care Home Manager- Nurse should have:
Experience of working in the health care sector, be driven and motivated and believe in quality care. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role. You must have or be willing to work towards the Leadership and Management Award. Applicants must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK.
Our Registered Home Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, with exciting opportunities to progress the home and their career.
The offer of a permanent Registered Home Manager post within the Four Seasons Health Care Group of companies is conditional on the premise of completion of the CQC registration process within the required probationary period.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, up to 25% bonus, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.