Registered Care Home Manager (RGN/RMN preferred)
£42,000 and benefits package
Otterburn is a 30 bed home which provides care for young adults with complex physical needs, including Huntington’s disease and neurological disorders.
You’re the manager, so that means that you’re responsible for making sure everything runs as it should. Making sure that the home is compliant and is meeting operational and financial targets is part of your remit, but most of all, it’s about ensuring that the service users receive the highest possible care.
About the job……
As a Home Manager with Exemplar, you are ultimately the business manager – so your remit will be to make the home a complete success. This means that you’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Managing budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled and that the home is profitable
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Working with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities
- Conducting pre-admission assessments and completing costings for prospective admissions
- Creating and developing strong relationships - internal and external
- Leading and motivating your team
- Dealing with recruitment, employee relations and other people related issues
- Facilitating and co-ordinating staff training and development, conducting appraisals and supervisions
- Rolling up your sleeves to deliver nursing care as necessary!
As you can see, this is an all-encompassing role which means that you’ll need to have previous management experience, preferably in the private sector, working with younger adults. You must have a first level nursing qualification with a current PIN. We expect that you’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice with a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
We’d also expect that you’re:
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- A strong leader with great management abilities
- Approachable and supportive, with a flexible attitude
- A strong clinician
- Able to make a positive difference, with strong commercial acumen
What do we offer…..?
Your first seven days will be spent in a classroom environment, where you’ll complete a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home.
Our homes offer a rewarding and stimulating working environment, where you will enjoy a varied role.
Working for an Exemplar home means that you‘ll have genuine prospects for career development. We have a City & Guilds centre which offers a variety of QCF qualifications, as well as a tailor made management development programme, to help you to achieve your goal, whether you want to climb the career ladder or enhance your clinical skills, we can support you.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Perkz- an online benefits scheme that offers market-leading offers and discounts with high street and online retailers
Can you see yourself as the manager of Otterburn? If so and you want to find out more, please call our HR team on 01709 565822 or click Apply Now.
You can find out more about Exemplar by visiting www.exemplarhc.com
Being the care provider of choice for our customers
Encouraging communication, sharing knowledge, and embracing the views of stakeholders
Investing in our personal and professional development
Networking with others to expand our horizons
Growing in confidence, competence, and capability
Individually and collectively making a positive difference
Nurturing innovation and encouraging new ideas
Sharing our passion and enthusiasm with those around us
Providing high quality care services in high quality purpose built homes
Improving our status, ensuring quality standards and financial targets are met or exceeded
Enjoying what we do
Delighting all our stakeholders
Exemplar started life as a training company, helping a care home operator get to grips with an ever-increasing regulatory burden. We helped co-ordinate nursing adaptation courses for overseas nurses too.
Having all this knowledge at our fingertips, we quickly moved into care home operation, taking over 5 elderly care homes in need of some tlc. We still have these homes and they form the bedrock on which the rest has been built.