Registered Care Home Manager
Base Pay : N/A
Other Pay : N/A
Location : UK-Rotherham
Site or Unit :
Broadacres Care HomeAddress :
Naylor Street, Parkgate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S62 6BPContracted Weekly Hours : Full Time
Broadacres is a 50 bed care home situated in a quiet corner of Rotherham, just a short walk away from local shops and other facilities. Our dedicated care team at Broadacres provide high standards of care to residential and dementia residents, and our skilled care assistants meet each person's needs with dedication. We have well maintained secluded gardens and a varied activity program for all our residents, who also enjoy traditional cuisine in well-appointed dining rooms.
As the Registered Care Home Manager you have responsibility for managing a business and be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
The Home Manager does not need to be a registered nurse but should have the minimum of an NVQ level 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
So as a Registered Home Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Actively ensure the home has the highest possible levels of occupancy – utilising links with the local community, positively marketing the home and increasing public awareness of our services.
- Take on accountability for the home – ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Manage the financial effectiveness of the home - maintain the budget of the home and seek to identify opportunities to increase profitability and reduce cost.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Manage every facility in the home – although we are in the care business to deliver this you will manage every service from laundry and maintenance through to catering.
- Developing your people – you will have the opportunity to build your team, by recruiting and developing the right people to grow your business and through supporting their career development.
In order to achieve this our Registered Care Home Manager should have:
Experience of working in the healthcare sector, be driven and motivated and believe in quality care. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role. You must hold a Registered Managers Award - NVQ level 4 and have or be willing to work towards the Leadership and Management Award.
The offer of a permanent Registered Home Manager post within the Four Seasons Health Care Group of companies is conditional on the premise of completion of the CQC registration process within the required probationary period.
Our Registered Home Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, with exciting opportunities to progress the home and their career.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, up to 25% bonus, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.