BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington, have opportunities for Registered Children's Nurses to join our team of Bank Staff.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
As the Registered Nurse, what will my duties be?
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients without direct supervision.
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Student Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
- To ensure that any information about patients is maintained confidentially and only shared when clinically appropriate to do so.
- To ensure that appropriate systems for the recording and distribution of information relating to patient charges are maintained.
- To monitor stock levels of ward medications and consumables.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Registered Childrens Nurse with NMC registration
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code
- Experience of Paediatric nursing in an acute hospital environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For further information, please see the attached role profile for this vacancy.
If you are interested in this role, please complete our short application form and we'll be in touch shortly.