Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey has a vacancy for a Registered Children’s Nurse to join their team of staff within the Children's Department.
This is a PART time role for 225 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse / Registered Nurse (Child)
- Current NMC registration
- Previous experience working in an acute paediatric setting referred private sector experience
- Up-to-date Paediatric Basic Life Support
- Safeguarding Children Training
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Familiar with clinical governance activities
- Committed to the provision of a quality service to our children and their families
- Good updated clinical skills
- Motivated and willing to learn and develop
- Good communication and organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- To provide the highest standards of nursing care for a caseload of children in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
- To ensure that high standards of paediatric patient care are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and national guidelines.
- To work within a team of staff including qualified nurses, healthcare assistants and clerical staff.
- To assist senior staff in effective ward and resource management, including organising staffing and preadmissions for children.
- Responsible for the assessment and provision of care to paediatric patients, including inpatients and outpatients.
- To provide professional advice to others (colleagues/other departments) on matters relating to Paediatric care.
- To adhere at all times to the policies and procedures laid down by the Runnymede Hospital and BMI Healthcare.
- To work within the Data Protection Act ensuring maintenance of patient and organisation confidentiality at all times.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.