Are you an RMN/RGN Nurse or Health Care Assistant looking for work in within the MOD(Nationwide).
Medco services have a large number Healthcare Assistant positions and also Band 6 and 7 RMN/RGN positions available all across the U.K in various MOD Settings.
The ideal candidate will be Health care assistant with experience of working on wards. The ideal candidate for the Nursing position will be a nurse with a valid NMC PIN and have relevant experience working in a similar position within the care sector. In your role as a Staff Nurse or Health care assistant, you may have
Order, administer and dispense medications ( If qualified to )
Maintain written and electronic care records
Participate in training activities
Supervise and monitor care practices
Provide the highest standard of patient centred care
You should be an active team player.
Caring will come like second nature to you.
You always act with integrity, respect and be are driven by the principles of fairness and equality.
You behave in a considerate manner showing respect to residents, their families, your colleagues and all persons involved in your working profession.
You hold a valid NMC PIN(If Applicable)
* Work autonomously and be accountable for his/her own professional actions
* Assess undifferentiated patients with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions. Take history, make appropriate physical examinations, formulate differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans ensuring relevant follow up.
* Discuss with registered GP and, where appropriate, make referrals to other health professionals in primary and secondary care .(Only applicable to nurses)
* Arrange hospital admission for appropriate cases.
* Undertake telephone triage work and telephone advice calls. (Only Applicable to nurses)
* Prescribe medication as appropriate under the extended nurse prescribing scheme(. (Only Applicable to nurses)
* Prescribe medication as necessary under the supplementary prescribing scheme in partnership with the GP for areas of chronic disease and long term health needs. This will include prescribing for areas such as asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive airways disease, coronary heart disease, hypertension, anticoagulation and HRT.
* Maintain accurate record keeping. Undertake regular medication reviews and medicines management request and interpret tests appropriate to patient's needs.
* This list is not exhaustive and may be expanded with regard to patient needs and clinical experience .