Job Description General Statement –
Registered General Nurse - RGN - RMN Job Description
- To promote and assist clients in all aspects of daily living.
- To report immediately clients who are giving cause for concern.
- Accountable to the Matron and Proprietors.
Registered General Nurse RGN or RMN
- To assist principally in the continuity of nursing care of clients
- To administer, issue and control drugs according to regulations
- To read and write reports and update care plans regularly
- To care for clients who are dying
- To report immediately any suspicion of abuse
- To liaise with Doctors, relatives and others as and when necessary
- To assist clients with personal hygiene
- To assist and encourage clients with their recreational with their recreational and social needs
- To respond immediately to emergency bells
- To answer call bells, doorbells and telephones promptly.
- To welcome visitors and assist with their enquiries.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- To assist in training and orientation of others
- To be aware at all times and instruct others in the safe aspect of Manual Handling, Food Hygiene and Health and Safety.
- To undertake other duties as necessary and needed.
- To maintain the confidentiality of clients, staff and all matters relating to the organization at all times.
Health and Safety
All employees have a duty to take reasonable care to avoid injury to themselves or to others and to co-operate with the health and safety Policies.
- Ensure that the health and safety Policy of the home is followed at all times.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and report any defects to the manager.
- Ensure that food and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained within the home and to follow the universal precautions as regards to infection control.
- Ensure familiarity with the emergency procedures of the home, to include the Emergency plan in the event of a fire.
All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other statutory requirements.
Information concerning residents, their treatment and their affairs is strictly confidential and must not be disclosed to any confidential information; it could result in disciplinary action.
Information about the management and administration of the home and other staff should also be treated as confidential.
All stuff must respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment and to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This job description is intended to reflect a broad line outline of responsibilities for the post. It is not a definite list of tasks.
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the development of services within the home and undertake such duties that ensure the needs of residents, other staff and the organisation are met.