- Company: Barker Ross Health and Social Care
- Base Pay: £30,000 - £32,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: RMgrWdGrn
UK-City of London
Our client is seeking a Registered Manager to work across four services - two residential, and two supported living - providing support to adults with learning difficulties and mental health issues.
Position Available: Registered Service Manager - Wood Green, 37.5 hours per week, £32k per annum
You will be responsible for management to meet performance standards. You will be committed to delivering and developing the highest standards of care and support for residents to live their daily lives to the full, in the way they wish.
We require an excellent communicator with supervisory experience to lead and motivate the staff team. Your people skills will also ensure positive relationships with residents and relatives as well as external agencies. With a background in health and social care, you will also have experience of successful financial management and hold or be keen to attain the Registered Manager's Award.
- To undertake all the duties under statutory requirements, legislation and in-house. This will include ensuring that all relevant records, logs and other documents are maintained.
- To implement system to ensure that the day to day delivery of care & support to service users and where appropriate, maintenance, catering and cleaning services to the Scheme and to oversee any additional services contracted with individual service users such as laundry. To ensure that this is monitored.
- To ensure effective housing management systems within the scheme are in place, particularly in relation to void management, sign up, resident inductions and arrears
- To undertake and to ensure the effective induction, formal 1 to 1's and appraisal of staff in line with the relevant procedure.
- Ensure the Management and development care & support staff to formulate effective care & support planning specific to individual service users.
- To assist each service user to maximise their income by undertaking a financial assessment, and by supporting the service user to make relevant claims for benefits.
- To observe service users' behaviours and their interactions with staff on an on-going basis to ensure good care practice and relationships are maintained.
- To establish and maintain all records required for the protection of service users and the effective running of the service as required by statutory legislation, local authority or the organisation.
- To be responsible for the management and day to day implementation of the health and safety policy and procedures and Food Safety Manual. To ensure that risk assessments are in place ensuring that appropriate action is taken to reduce risks to a manageable level.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have experience of working in a care setting and have had working experience at a senior/supervisory
- Must have experience of managing financial plans/budget Must have experience of supervising, appraising, training andcoaching a staff team
- Computer literate with experience of word-processing/spreadsheets/databases/e-mail
- Experience/knowledge of Housing Management and Welfare Benefits
- Awareness of best dementia care practice and how to support adults with Learning Difficulties, in particular Ausitm, as well as mentla health issues
- Ability to lead and motivate staff teams, develop effectiveness and delegate tasks
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.