We are looking for a Registered Manager with experience in managing residential homes for children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Candidates must be committed to excellence, both in terms of the quality of service delivery and in terms of outcomes for young people.
Duties and Responsibilities Specific to the Post:
- To be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred and/or accommodated within the home.
- To ensure the young people's needs are met
- To provide effective leadership by implementing organisational strategies, in order to enable objectives to be achieved
- To promote team development and effective team working.
- To maximise the effectiveness of staff through motivation and development
- To take the lead in setting standards and evaluating achievements; to take a proactive role in securing improvements in the quality of services provided by the home
- To set and review targets and objectives for the home's staff team in order to ensure that work is focused and has clear direction.
- To provide operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled. To ensure that sufficient back up resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'On-Call' rota.
- To have line management responsibilities for a staff team, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, supervision and appraisal.
- To be responsible for ensuring a full flow of information into and out of the team and to develop effective communication strategies and systems which assist staff in the operation of their duties.
- To take a lead role in the gate keeping and allocation of a range of services provided to meet the identified needs of young people.
- To be responsible for the effective management and development of a range of quality direct services to young people.
- To actively participate in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety and other staffing matters with support from the HR Manager.
- To ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and ensuring that those needs are met. To assist in training staff as required.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with in accordance with the policies, procedures and practices.
- To ensure that effective finance budgets, control, administration and records comply with expectations and procedures.
- To promote and implement the companies Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
- To ensure that staff understand and implement the companies Child Protection Procedures.
- To undertake any other such duties as required by the Directors, commensurate with the grade of the post.
In return you will be well supported, have an opportunity to develop your career and be rewarded for success.
Applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be taking place from 14th September 2016
You will have:
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion, drive, resilience and ambition
- A good understanding of business and finance
- Previous experience in a Remand Home
The successful Registered Manager will need to have a Level 4 or 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or a Level 4 qualification relevant to working with children, as well as in management, and have at least 2 years experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting within the last 5 years.
You will be Registered Manager for a small (four-bedded) Children's Home. The post holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of running the Home to ensure young people are supported and prepared to move on to independent living.
To ensure that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities, comfortable accommodation and the service of key workers are planned, provided and applied in accordance with home's Procedures and Strategies.
- Experience of Children Home: 2 years
We have over 20 years experience in delivering care and support to individuals in their own homes, and supplying nurses and carers to the private and public sector – including the NHS. Our aim is to deliver the highest possible standard of care and first class customer service.
Each of our specialist teams are highly skilled; their expertise, professionalism and reliability guarantees we deliver exceptional service, first time, every time.
We offer a range of healthcare services to a diverse range of clients.