Appoint Group Vacancy
Job Title - Registered Mental Health Nurse
Location - Fareham, Hampshire
Salary - Up to £30,000 Per Annum, Dependant on Experience
Hours - Full time, Days and Nights available (37.5 hours per week)
About the Service:
Based in Fareham, a successful, secure rehabilitation facility specifically for service users with mental health and/or personality disorders has recently started looking for a qualified mental health nurse to join the highly skilled and experienced team. The secure service are currently looking for a passionate nurses who have the desire to make a direct impact and improve the quality of life of the service users, as this is a great opportunity within an active rehabilitation service, you will see visible results and ongoing progression.
Service users within the facility suffer with associated challenging behaviours, resulting from and including mental health issues such as; Autism/ASD, personality disorders, Schizophrenia and learning disabilities. Structuring treatment with the right balance between therapeutic and social activities is a key aspect to the role.
On top of the fantastic, hospital working environment, Employee Benefits include:
- Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leaves awards.
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- Free car parking (at most sites)
As a staff nurse you will work within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver the treatment programme using a recovery focused approach to assist each man in the development of the skills necessary for reintegration or move into the community. You will have an identified career development pathway.
The RMN role involves:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
Applicants must be a RMN with a passion to develop and progress, and hold a valid nursing NMC PIN.