Appoint Group Vacancy
Job Title - Registered Nurse
Location - Brookman's Park - Near Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary - £26,000 - £31,000 Per Annum, Dependant on Experience
Hours - Full time, Days and Nights available (37.5 hours per week)
I am currently looking for registered nurses of all disciplines (RGN, RMN and RNLD), and can consider newly-qualified nurses for the role, as there is a recognised preceptorship program. While post-qualification experience within mental health would be preferable, we believe the right attitude, approach and outlook are far more significant in your nursing career - Clinical skills can always be learnt where attitude cannot.
About the Service:
Based in Brookman's park, a new facility specifically for Children and Young persons with an eating disorder diagnosis and require inpatient care are currently looking for registered nurses to join the outstanding service. This is a hugely exciting position, as you will be able to make a direct, visible impact in the health of the service users through a therapeutic, focused treatment approach.
You will be working as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team, including psychiatrics, therapists and nursing staff. The role will include preparing young people for managing life back in the community, and will provide transitional support after discharge to both the service users, and the families of those affected. In the brand new facility, there is a separate High dependency unit in addition to the acute service.
On top of the fantastic, hospital working environment, Employee Benefits include:
- Preceptorship for Newly Qualified nurses
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Tax Free Car Scheme (Voluntary "Salary sacrifice")
- Extra Service Annual leaves awards.
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance and Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Flexible Benefits Packages
As a staff nurse you will work within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver the treatment programme using a recovery focused approach to assist each man in the development of the skills necessary for reintegration or move into the community. You will have an identified career development pathway.
The role involves:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
Applicants must be a registered nurse with a passion to develop and progress, and hold a valid nursing NMC PIN.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Liam Kenny on 01489 774 205 for a confidential chat, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com