- Company: Barker Ross Health and Social Care
- Base Pay: £23.00 - £26.00 /Hour
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: Adam Nurse jobs
Registered General Nurse
Want to make a difference to some ones life? Do you have a Registered NMC PIN? Have Empathy and a Positive attitude to work... Then we want to hear from you....
Barker Ross Health and social care are looking for a Registered Nurse to work for a variety of services including community, supported living and residential/nursing homes for older people and those with mental health and/or a disability.
Work for a Company that offer the following:
Opportunity to develop professionally and personally
A very competitive hourly wage
Flexible Hours to suit your individual commitments and life
Up to date facilities
24/7 agency support
Duties will include:
- Caring for patients, assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care; building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress; applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals; providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety.
- Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate; organising social events aimed at developing patients' social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
- Preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Producing care plans and risk assessments for individual patients; ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed.
- Working with patients' families and carers, helping to educate them and the patient about their mental health problems;
promoting a 'recovery' based approach to care.
Candidates applying must have proof of the following:
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- NMC PIN (in date)
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of right to work in the U.K.
- Driving licence
You can apply online or for more information please Call 01133 238512 and ask for Adam
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.