BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the ITU Department.
This post is part-time for 30 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Ability to plan and deliver care for the critically ill patient.
- Ability to liaise with consultants.
- Familiar with emergency situations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG’s, venepuncture, IV drugs and arterial blood sampling.
Experience in an ICU acute care setting preferred but not essential.
Duties of this role include:
- Accurate and full documentation of records
- Individualised patient care/ planning.
- Hospital policies and procedures
- Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
- Carry out work in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
- Work well as a member of the team and support sisters and charge nurses, keeping them informed of patient condition.
- Engender team spirit and high staff morale.
- Assist in the induction of new staff and participate in training of staff.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.