BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hampshire Clinic Hospital in Basingstoke has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse – Oncology to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse - Adult
- Relevant Chemotherapy administration qualification
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools.
Duties of this role include:
- Co-ordinate, plan, implement and evaluate the care of individual patients.
- To work in close liaison with multi-disciplinary teams and act as a resource in chemotherapy both within the Hospital and also to patients and families.
- To act as the patients advocate, communicate effectively with patients and families to assess needs and provide support, information, education, advice and counselling when necessary and under the guidance of the Oncologist.
- Take part in a 24 hour on call oncology service as required on a rotational basis
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and as a skilled practitioner.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Provide support and guidance for junior and unqualified members of staff.
- Participate in the setting and maintenance of Clinical Standards and Clinical Audit
- Assist in other areas of the service as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.