Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package,training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
BMI Healthcare’s Fawkham Manor Hospital in Longfield has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a part time role for 15 hours a week. Flexible working hours is possible.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RB – Level 1 or 2
- ENB 998 or equivalent essential
- N59 – Chemotherapy or ENB 237, or equivalent
- Evidence of professional development
- Current nursing issues
- Motivation skills
- Significant post registration experience in acute care setting
- Clinical experience relevant to the hospital
- Previous experience within private sector desirable
- Managing resources
Duties of this role include:
- Co-ordinating and delivering treatment for oncology patients.
- Operate within the scope of first level competencies and within the guidelines set by the NMC. (Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, as detailed in the GHG Staff Handbook).
- Operate within the current guidelines and legislation of the Care Standards Act 2000.
- Multi-disciplinary liaison
- Research based practice
- Ward Management under the guidance of the ward manager.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.