Appoint Group Vacancy
Job Title - Registered Nurse ( RNLD or RMN )
Location - Winwick, Cheshire
Salary - £23,500 for Newly Qualified up to £35,000 Per Annum, Dependent on Experience
Hours - Full time, Days and Nights available
About the Hospital:
Situated just outside of Warrington, an exciting opportunity within a specialised mental health and learning disabilities hospital has recently arisen for a qualified registered nurse. The medium and low secure facility are currently looking for passionate Registered Mental health nurses and Learning Disabilities nurses ( RMNs or RNLDs ) who have the desire to make a direct impact and improve the quality of life of the service users. Service users within the facility suffer with associated challenging behaviours, resulting from and including mental health issues such as; Autism/ASD, personality disorders, Schizophrenia and learning disabilities. Structuring treatment with the right balance between therapeutic and social activities is a key aspect to the role.
On top of the fantastic, hospital working environment, Employee Benefits include:
• Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses
• 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
• Extra Service Annual leaves awards.
• Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
• A contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private medical insurance and Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Free meals/refreshments when on duty
• Private Dental Cover
• Flexible Benefits Packages
• Free car parking (at most sites)
As a staff nurse you will work within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver the treatment programme using a recovery focused approach to assist each man in the development of the skills necessary for reintegration or move into the community. You will have an identified career development pathway.
The role involves:
• Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
To be successful as a Staff Nurse, you'll need:
• Experience in a supervisory role
• A recognised mentoring certificate
• The ability to assess and teach junior staff
• A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
• The drive to learn and develop
• A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
• A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
To apply for the position, you will need; A 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Liam Kenny on 01489 774 205 for a confidential chat, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com