Responsibilities and duties will include...
- Work within a team in a care home environment for the elderly
- Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times
- Act as Nurse-in-Charge and lead the staff team and delegate work effectively to junior staff
- Ensure that all residents have full risk assessments and person-centred care plans in place and that these are regularly reviewed and updated
- Take responsibility for medication administration and management
- Carry out other Nursing duties associated with the role including management of resident needs, audits, record keeping, wound dressings, PEG feeds, phlebotomy, catheters etc
- Promote resident independence and respect their dignity and choices at all times
- Work on a flexible, rotational basis according to the rota set by the Home Manager and the needs of the home which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round
- Supervise and train junior staff as well as receiving personal supervision and training and developing own skills
- Work in line with Company policies and procedures
It is essential you have the following to be considered for this role......
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Qualification as RNA or RGN Level 1, or RNMH or RMN Level 1
- Hold valid and current NMC registration and pin number (we will consider applicants who are awaiting their NMC pin number)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Previous experience in a care home environment or in working with the elderly is desirable but not essential
- Applicants must have a desire to care for others and be compassionate and flexible
Wells-Brooks Associates are a specialist healthcare consultancy focusing on placing healthcare professionals into permanent positions on a global basis. If you would like to discuss any of our amazing opportunities then please do not hesitate to contact us and one of our dedicated consultants will guide you through the next step of your exciting career in Healthcare.