BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the pre-admissions/Outpatients Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Qualified to perform venepuncture and holds an up to date Blood Transfusion Venepuncture assessment
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, written and telephone manor
- Ability to contribute to the dissemination of good practice by participating in teaching and learning activities (Academic qualification in Teaching and Assessing in clinical Practice Desirable)
working in either/ both Pre-assessment and Out patients.
Experience in phlebotomy
Familiarity with BMI pathways preferable.
Duties of this role include:
- Initiate treatment or intervention for any patient seen by nursing staff in the treatment room that require further clinical assessment of care, assessing information or assistance from different areas of the hospital
- Be able to prepare and assist consultants with minor surgical procedures
- Have an up to date knowledge of caring for a variety of wounds, which include routine surgical wounds, cosmetic and graph site wounds and ulcers. Clinical knowledge should include recent research and evidence of the appropriate use of wound dressings.
- Experienced at venepuncture with underpinning knowledge of blood sciences and transfusion requirements
- Competent at performing ECG’s with underpinning knowledge
- Competent to perform ophthalmic tests – intraocular lens measurements and ocular refractions
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.