BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Blackheath Hospital in London has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our dedicated and Nursing Bank.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Up to date knowledge in ambulatory patient care
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Department management
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- RGN or Post E/N conversion course
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the department and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
- To provide support and guidance for junior /senior members of staff.
- Support and clinical care to patients with cardiac, surgical, respiratory issues and procedures
- To ensure that department operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by Senior Staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety and COSHH policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To act as a resource for all staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety and COSHH requirements.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.