BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Cavell Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Nursing Department on a Bank basis
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- RN / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies
- Post registration clinical course if appropriate
- Up- to-date knowledge and ability to work within local & national guidelines i.e. Role NMC code of practice
- Aware of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Basic ward management.
- Demonstrate competence in an acute hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
- To provide support and guidance for junior members of the staff.
- To ensure that the ward operational polices are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To assist in the setting and maintaining of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.