To be the critical link between the Home Manager and the staff in maintaining an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere within the Home demonstrating strong positive ideas about professional practice and the rights of the individual.
Under the general direction of the Senior Nurse in charge and the Home Manager assess, plan, implement and evaluate an appropriate programme of care for the residents within the care home for which you are employed.
Desirable: Relevant previous experience in working within a caring environment ideally in a similar setting
1. To be responsible for ensuring adherence to organisational policies and procedures in the discharging of principal accountabilities and functions.
2. To maintain all nursing responsibilities in accordance with company policies and NMC guidelines.
3. To ensure Safeguarding Policies are adhered to, to protect and safeguard residents and ensure that residents' rights are respected at all times and in line with the Human Rights Act and Mental Capacity Act 2005, ensuring Deprivation of Liberty (DOL) guidelines are always followed.
4. To be fully aware of and involved in ensuring that all residents are appropriately assessed prior to admission, evidencing that their needs can be met at the home and that emergency admissions are assessed within 24 hours.
5. To be responsible for ensuring that the post holder's named residents have a person centered plan of care/support within 72 hours of admission and that each individual and/or their representatives have been involved in drawing up their care plans.
6. To ensure that all care plans are drawn up using relevant up to date research based evidence within them. To regularly review and update care plans.
7. To ensure residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality. To contribute to the personal needs of the individual resident and ensure they enjoy a good quality of life.
8. To be responsible for ensuring that the complaints procedure is adhered to at all times, and that all complaints are dealt with in writing and deliver a positive outcome.
9. To assist with ensuring staffing levels and skill mix are consistent with resident needs and the Home’s occupancy.
10. To maintain and ensure adherence to policies relating to the ordering, receipt, recording, storage, handling, administration and disposal of medicines, and offering residents the opportunity to self-administer medication if they wish, subject to appropriate risk assessment being undertaken.
11. To ensure that records of all financial transactions are maintained, with receipts etc as appropriate.
12. To arrange and ensure 1:1 supervisions for your designated key worker group are carried out at least 6 times per year and regular staff meetings held with records of outcomes kept.
13. To establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, residents, visitors, community GP’s, community nurses, social workers and other individuals visiting or working in the home.
14. To assist in the orientation of new staff and in the induction and training of students
15. To attend and participate in staff meetings, attend all mandatory training and contribute to in-house staff training when required
16. To take every opportunity to maintain and improve professional knowledge and competencies and to share this with your colleagues
17. To represent the company as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador.
18. To help maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors through due diligence and compliance with health and safety and operational policies.
19. To undertake any other duties in order to meet personal, team and organisational objectives following consultation with the Operations Manager or Company Director.
This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of this post and is not intended as an exhaustive list.