Site or Unit :
Huntercombe Hospital RoehamptonAddress :
Holybourne Avenue London SW15 4JDContracted Weekly Hours : 37.625 Hours per week
The Huntercombe Hospital Roehampton is a 39 bedded purpose-built psychiatric intensive care unit in South West London. The hospital provides a secure and safe, gender-specific environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
The hospital is located just off the A306 in Roehampton, 4 miles from Richmond and 9 miles from central London. We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
We specialise in providing intensive and bespoke, individualised treatment plans and accept those with multiple diagnoses, complex health needs and challenging behaviours from across the country who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (2007). We currently have over 150 employees and we have a low turnover of staff. The hospital is ideally situated on local bus routes and close to main line train stations. The amenities within the area include an ASDA supermarket and local shopping facilities. The hospital is situated next to the beautiful National Nature Reserve, Richmond Park. The convenient location of the hospital offers easy access on the bus to Central London. The hospital benefits from the following facilities, gym, therapy kitchen, OT garden, outdoor sports area and learning skills/Art room.
As a Registered Nurse you will provide professional nursing input and care for residents/patients. You will be responsible for providing nursing input and support to all staff in the multi-disciplinary team and will assist with the formulation and implementation of the delivery of excellent standards of care; promoting independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
So as a Registered Nurse what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Support your line manager with day to day nursing responsibilities
- Carry out on-going assessments to determine individual needs and assist with the formulation of personal care plans
- Work closely with the residents/patients to promote greater independence and encourage a wide range of activities
- Ensure high standards of personal health hygiene.
In order to achieve this our Registered Nurses should be:
- RMN Qualified
- Be a good team player
- Have a flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos
- Show empathy and a desire to make a difference.
- Be up to date with current practices, have strong leadership and management qualities and be willing to take ownership for the deliver of quality care.
- Our Nurses must hold a current registration with the NMC and have a legal right to work in the UK.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with residents/patients and other healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation for patients.
The Huntercombe Group provide a variety of competitive benefits, including free life cover, free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.