BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an 'as and when required' basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• RGN with NMC registration
• Proven knowledge and experience of outpatients preferable
• Development of new skills to reach competency
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Relevant post registration courses where appropriate
• Cannulation, venipuncture and dressings capability required
• Multi-disciplinary approach
• Team worker
• Excellent IT skills
Duties of this role include:
• Operate within the scope of competencies.
• Participate in the effective organisation and management of staff, patients, visitors, consultants, consulting and treatment rooms within the Outpatient Department.
• Be aware of the need for accurate records, including nursing, patient registration and financial documentation.
• To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
• To take charge of the outpatient department as and when required.
• To provide support and guidance for junior members of staff.
• To ensure that the outpatient operational polices are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
• To participate in a program of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
• To participate in the Infection, Prevention and Control program within the hospital.
• To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
• To assist in the setting and maintaining of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
• To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.