BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow, are seeking to appoint a Registered Nurse to support our busy Clinical Consulting Rooms department on a full-time basis 37.5 hours per week.
- RN – Current registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent desirable
- Knowledge of NMC codes of practice and their implication for practice.
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate care.
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to maintain clear and legible documentation
- Post registration experience
- Experience essential in similar setting (within an acute setting)
- Minor theatre experience
- Phototherapy Course/Experience
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for nursing care in Minor procedures and Consulting rooms or designated clinics
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote a patient centered style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- Ensure that suitable standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Ensure effective use of available resources whilst exercising economy in the use of consumables, promoting an awareness of budgetary implications by demonstrating a full understanding of the charging systems.
- To act as the nurse in charge of the minor procedure theatre when allocated in the absence of the Sister. To effectively manage the theatre and delegate work appropriately, based on competencies & priorities.
- Support the Sister and participate in the investigation of complaints or critical incidents
- Participate in clinical governance processes to ensure delivery of continuous quality improvement focusing on the fundamentals of care.
Salary & Employment Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you are interested in this role, please complete our short application form and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.