BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow, are seeking to appoint a Registered Nurse to support our busy Clinical Consulting Rooms department.
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for nursing care in Minor procedures and Consulting rooms or designated clinics
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote a patient centered style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- Ensure that suitable standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Ensure effective use of available resources whilst exercising economy in the use of consumables, promoting an awareness of budgetary implications by demonstrating a full understanding of the charging systems.
- To act as the nurse in charge of the minor procedure theatre when allocated in the absence of the Sister. To effectively manage the theatre and delegate work appropriately, based on competencies & priorities.
- Support the Sister and participate in the investigation of complaints or critical incidents
- Participate in clinical governance processes to ensure delivery of continuous quality improvement focusing on the fundamentals of care.
- RN – Current registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent desirable
- Knowledge of NMC codes of practice and their implication for practice.
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate care.
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to maintain clear and legible documentation
- Post registration experience
- Experience essential in similar setting (within an acute setting)
- Minor theatre experience
- Phototherapy Course/Experience
This is a full-time post for 375 hours per week.
Salary & Employment Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you are interested in this role, please complete our short application form and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.