BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hendon Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Dr Bruce Ward.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Good understanding of nursing issues
- Able to recognize own capabilities
- Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
- Post registration experience
- Previous experience working on a surgical ward.
- Able to administer Iv and oral medicines.
Experience working in a private hospital, mentorship, phlebotomy and cannulation desirable, but not essential.
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care. Individual care plans for all patients will be implemented and maintained.
- To encourage patients and their families to be involved in decisions regarding care and treatment.
- To communicate effectively all relevant information relating to patient care to colleagues, consultants and staff working in other departments.
- To support more junior colleagues and assist in their training, especially developing the role of health care assistants at the Hospital.
- To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the hospital.
- To comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- To actively participate in the reviewing and updating of hospital policies.
- To ensure accurate completion of all care plans and nursing documentation.
- To assist with the control and requisition of consumable products, ensuring an efficient use of supplies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Hendon Hospital located in the heart of a residential area in North London and close to junction 2 of the M1, National Rail and Underground stations are within a 5 minute taxi ride or 20 minute walk. We are a small yet extremely busy hospital offering a number of innovative treatment options.
The hospital is registered with the CQC for 30 beds and is a combination of a purpose built main building and an adjoining Consulting Room suite, with 17 available bedrooms and a newly built 5-bay day-case unit, there is a small car park and on street parking around the hospital.
Hendon Hospital offers a very wide range of services, it has two fully functioning Theatres and supports the inpatient and outpatient service with Physiotherapy and Diagnostic Imaging Departments including an MRI suite. Since September 2014, the hospital is also responsible for the operation of a community ophthalmology service in the London Borough of Brent.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.