BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 22.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered practitioner with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Proven experience within an outpatient; medical, surgical (or similar) in the UK as a qualified practitioner
- Previous surgical or medical triage experience
- Professional attitude and caring disposition
- A dynamic individual who is passionate about patient care and has the ability to work within a busy and sometimes challenging environment.
- Clinically competent and willing to learn
Duties of this role include:
- To formulate and deliver a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
- To work as part of the team in the Consulting Suites services ensuring robust procedures and processes are in place to streamline the patient pathway and ensure their experience is of a high quality.
- To deliver and ensure delivery by others, high quality patient-focused care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
- To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and it’s reporting as required.
- To assist with the review, development, updating and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols within Consulting Suites Department.
- To input into the development of the service / practices
- To effectively and efficiently manage resources within the department, e.g. staff, consumables, equipment maintenance, etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.