SCP Recruitment is The leading Health and Social Care agency with a drive and passion for supporting the sector, the services and most importantly- the people. We pride ourselves on sourcing and supplying the highest quality staff across the sector who are committed to positively enhancing the lives of the people we support.
Our permanent recruitment division supply specialist staff across the whole of the UK. We have a successful track record in working with our clients. We take great pride in our ability to understand our client’s requirements and we source the best candidates for every vacancy.
Our aim is to ensure quality care for our residents at all times. Our philosophy gives priority to planning of individual, person centred care. We strive to treat our residents with respect, dignity, privacy, courtesy, understanding, and confidentiality in all matters, at all times.
In conjunction with their individual care plan, our residents have the opportunity to maintain existing levels of independence, with the support and help of our highly skilled staff.
We encourage our residents, and their families, to be involved not only in the planning of care, but in the daily life of our comfortable and friendly care homes.
- First or second level nurse, on appropriate part of NMC Register.
- Holds current PIN number.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required
- It is preferable, though not essential, to have at least one year of post registration experience.
- Post holder should be in good health.
- Post holder will demonstrate the ability to provide strong leadership, demonstrate high care standards, and have the ability to motivate and guide staff.
- Post holder will be professionally accountable, and responsible, for the care of our elderly, and mentally infirm, residents.
- Post holder will be committed to extending his/her expertise, by participating in continuing professional training and development.
- References and PVG Disclosure must be satisfactory, in terms of professional ability and character.
- Accountable for all clinical decisions, and for the clinical assessment and treatment of our residents.
- Ensure the safe running of the care home alongside another Registered Nurse, in the absence of Manager, or Deputy.
- Maintain a high profile, and positively encourage the correct implementation of nursing policies and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of all relevant legislation (eg: Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001, Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act, 2003, Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act, 2000,etc) current best practice statements, and Scottish Care Standards.
- Take responsibility for the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of person centred care planning, encouraging participation from residents and their relatives, as appropriate.
- Supervise and teach care staff, and student nurses, in the provision of care.
- Liaise with residents, relatives, and the multidisciplinary team, developing an effective working relationship.
- Be conversant with SCSWIS and Local Authority monitoring procedures.
- Undertake effective ordering and stock control of residents prescribed medications.
- Safely undertake the administration of drugs.
- Provide the highest standards of palliative care; ensuring resident’s choice, comfort, and dignity is promoted at all times.
- Report any accidents/untoward incidents to the care home Manager, using appropriate documentation.
- Be aware of COSHH guidelines.
- Be aware of Health & safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the correct assessment of our residents holistic needs.
- Attend training sessions, and relevant meetings, as required by the care home manager. Take responsibility for ensuring that all mandatory training sessions are attended, when arranged.
- Help to promote the highest of standards, throughout the home.
- Fully understand the needs of confused, frail, elderly people, and take appropriate action to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Understand, and adhere to the requirement for confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
- post registration: 1 year
- Nursing: 1 year
Required licences or certifications: