JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse RMN/RN
REPORTING TO: Home Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff
Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Registered Nurse
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
* Satisfactory Police Check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
* Team player
* Experience / qualification in care for relevant Client category
* Previous supervisory experience
1. Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the Home and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Clients. Duties may include acting up for the Deputy Home Manager and/or the Home Manager in their absence.
2. Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
3. Ensure that Clients’ Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
4. Assess all aspects of Clients’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
5. Assess social and health care needs of new Clients, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other Clients.
6. Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Home has an individualised Care Plan. Client Care Plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
7. Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
8. Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure, NMC guidelines and the Royal pharmaceutical Society.
9. Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients' personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship, which exists with Clients.
10. Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
11. Establish and maintain good communication with Clients, Relatives and with the multidisciplinary team. Provide administrative support when required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
12. Ensure that all commodities used in and around the Home are sensibly conserved by all Staff Members e.g. monitor usage of incontinence aids, wipes, dressings, electricity etc.
13. Actively market the Home and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Home at all times.
14. Ensure the Home is attractively presented, and odour free, at all times, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
15. Ensure vacant rooms are suitably presented and available at all times for viewing.
Training & Development:
16. Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
17. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise.
18. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
19. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
20. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
21. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
22. Promote safe working practice within the Home.
23. Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations.
24. Maintain all logbooks and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Company.
25. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
26. Assist in the arrangements for fund raising.
27. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
28. Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times.
29. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
30. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
31. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
ALTIMA PERSONNEL SOLUTIONS Are holding an open day on the 20th October at Ranvilles Nursing Home in Fareham between 10-3. We are looking for RGN/RMN's to work in 2 Brookvale Nursing homes in the Fareham area.
Permanent RGN\'s/RMN\'s - Nursing Homes
Registered Nurses RGN or RMN needed to work within 2 Nursing Homes in Fareham area. Starting salary £15.00 per hour
Altima Personnel Solutions have a number of excellent opportunities for Staff Nurses to join a dedicated team of staff who are passionate about caring and believe in delivering person care. The Homes we support have a wide variety of clients requiring various care needs some of which include wound care, catheter care, end of life care, stroke and dementia care, preferably you will have previous experience in these areas although the client’s needs will vary within each Home.
Duties will vary depending upon each patient’s individual needs but may include;
Assess patients, implement care and maintain associated records.
Supporting and supervising support workers and untrained staff
Liaising with the multidisciplinary team
Nursing and personal care
Although relevant care home experience would be of distinct advantage, we are also keen to receive applications from RGN nurses who may be looking for a new direction in their nursing career and who have a strong desire to work in a 'patient centred' care setting. If you are passionate about elderly care and would like to build close knit relationships with residents and their families then we encourage you to apply or to pop along to our open day.
All applicants must have a valid NMC PIN and clinical references will also be required to show your skills and experience.
What we can offer
Competitive rates of pay including holiday pay
DBS fee covered
Mandatory training updates allowing you to keep your training updated free of charge.
For more information please email me.