- Company: SOS Healthcare
- Base Pay: £30,000 - £35,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: DW/BASING1
- Contact: Jan Anderson
- Phone: 0203 4570313
- Accountable for ensuring that you provide the highest standard of service to all clients and staff who use the hospital
- To have responsibility for the nursing management of a group of patients in a variety of locations within the hospital.
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients in the orthopedic/surgical or day care settings of The Hampshire Clinic.
- To deliver a consistently high standard of research based practice.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Director of Nursing, Senior Nurse, ward manager and / or senior registered nurses.
- To participate in all aspects of staff training and development as required to fulfil the role
- To offer support to all colleagues as required.
- To actively guide, direct and supervise Healthcare Assistants, discussing and planning patient care plans, delegating responsibility for specific aspects of care ensuring that supervision is maintained at all times and care outcomes evaluated together. Responsibility is delegated not abdicated and the accountability for the patient care remains at all times with the registered nurse.
- To participate in clinical audit and governance activities.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Fitness to Practice
- To work within the principles and framework provided by the NMC Scope of Professional Practice.
- To deliver at all times high standards of nursing care and service, to plan and implement nursing care on an individual To basis and to act as a point of reference for all staff, especially Healthcare Assistants working within the nursing team.
- To assist and support in the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- To assist in development and maintenance of all clinical standards and participate in national, corporate and local audits and contribute towards a high satisfaction and return rate of patient surveys.
- Actively and effectively contribute towards the pain management regime of all allocated patients irrespective of designated location, involving patients in the assessment of pain levels and subsequent plan of care to reduce pain experienced to a minimum, ensuring documented evaluation of pain management actions and outcomes.
- To maintain professional credibility and attend relevant courses to assist in enabling the effectiveness of the role.
- Ensure skills and knowledge facilitates a safe clinical environment. Escalate incidents to head of department or duty manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate records of patient care and progress maintained at all times, ensuring risk assessments are completed and repeated in accordance with corporate and local policy, practice and procedure.
- Be aware of the key principles of the mental capacity act and the escalation plan for issues associated with safeguarding vulnerable adults and the protection of children
- To ensure compliance to all local/corporate policies and procedures, noting the absolute requirement to adhere to infection control policy and procedure and to ensure that all other hospital personnel fulfil their contractual obligation to do so, by escalating failures to do so to a line manager
- To establish and promote sound communication channels between staff, patients and visitors.
- To maintain harmonious working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- To work effectively and efficiently with the medical staff.
- Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
- Contribute towards cost-effective utilisation of hospital resources.
- Resolve patient / relative concerns where possible, escalate to head of department and / or duty manager if in doubt.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Manage individual patient care to an optimum during span of duty and ensure safe and effective handover of care to another healthcare professional, following the standard format for patient handover of care.
- Clinical expertise.
- Senior nursing colleagues and peers
- Feedback from service users
- Ability to meet objectives of appraisals
- Satisfactory audit and clinical practice
- Attendance at all mandatory training within the course of each and successful completion of all eLearning modules on individual programme
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Experience in clinical and nursing management of the adult patient undergoing surgical procedures or requiring medical intervention.
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools.
- Experience of preceptorship / mentorship.
- Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
Think Customer: Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants. Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
Own Your Part in Delivering Results: Demonstrates determination, resourcefulness and purpose to personally deliver the best results for the organisation. Takes ownership for the whole situation including actions, outcomes and consequences.
Leadership: Develops a compelling sense of purpose and direction. Motivates and empowers others to align their efforts to achieve our goals. Creates an open and trusting environment. Demonstrates high moral standards and integrity in all matters.
Impact & Influencing: Persuades, convinces and influences others to enable progress and deliver success. Takes a partnership approach, aiming for an outcome that is mutually beneficial. Has a high degree of self-awareness and maintains a calm demeanour in stressful and challenging situations whilst still achieving desired outcomes.
Be One Team: The ability to gain an understanding of the needs of others, build strong relationships and drive action that is mutually beneficial for both individuals and the company. Always behaves in a way that is consistent with the BMI Behaviours and is receptive to further improvement.
Innovate, Adapt & Change: Develops new insights into situations, questions conventional approaches, encourages new ideas and innovations. Is open to change. Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, being tolerant of necessary change and fluidity within the organisation.
I accept this as my role profile, which may be subject to change to meet the needs of the business