A vacancy has arisen for a Registered Nurse – RGN/RMN - to join the dedicated team in Newcastle
Reporting to the Care Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the promotion of high standards of nursing care, by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the shift runs in a smooth and efficient manner.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• To assess all Residents physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs, encouraging the participation of Residents and family members.
• Identify any problems the Resident may have fulfilling the Activities of Daily Living.
• Provide written care plans which will identify problems, provide guidance to those delivering care, set realistic goals, ensuring that Residents are given the assistance required to fulfil the Activities of Daily Living and achieving the optimum level of independence maintaining dignity and self-esteem.
• Provide evaluation of care plans implementing changes in care when outcome of care does not meet the goals of the care plan.
• To administer drugs and treatments as prescribed in accordance with NMC guidelines.
• Ensure that the care given meets the goals set out in the homes Statement of Purpose and Philosophy of Care.
• Ensure that all risk assessments are maintained with Residents and family involvement.
• To ensure that all documentation is maintained to a high standard.
• To act as a role model and provide team leadership.
• To ensure the safe delivery of nursing care, maximising the nursing and other resources and ensuring all professional guidelines are met.
• To ensure that Health & Safety policy is displayed and complied with.