Partnerships in Care is one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
As a Rehabilitation Assistant you will be working within a trans-disciplinary team that includes a range of professionals.
Our Rehabilitation Assistant role involves:
- An awareness of, and commitment to, the promotion of patients’ rights and responsibilities, anti-discriminatory practice, equality and diversity
- Demonstrating engagement with the patient group
- An awareness of the need for a consistent approach to patient care
- Ensuring record keeping is complete and in line with the therapeutic treatment approach
- Participating in maintaining the physical, relational and procedural security of the service to ensure the safety of all
- Recognising your own role and the contribution you can make to the team as a whole
- Taking a positive approach to the management of challenging behaviour
- Consistent application of the neurobehavioural approach within the units
- Recognising the value of care and management plans and their own responsibilities to work within these plans
- Engaging in supervision and complete regulatory and compliance training
- Promoting independence and encouraging patient involvement in their rehabilitation through effective communication and engagement.
- Application of the therapeutic timetable as directed by the trans-disciplinary team
- Developing and maintaining a therapeutic relationship with patients within appropriate professional boundaries
- Undertaking the role of key worker with the support of the care coordinator
- Ensuring that core hospital policies are read
- Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness
- Acting as a positive role model and reflection of the service at all times to others
- Communicating effectively with the team
- Completion of Care Certificate
To be successful as a Rehabilitation Assistant you’ll need:
- Good team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good communicator
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Proactive in managing situations
- Positive problem-solving skills
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care
- Committed to personal learning and development
- Committed to patient-centred care
- Driving License desirable
- Qualification at NVQ level 3 or experience desirable
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
All positions within Partnerships in Care (PiC) are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance PiC will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies.
PiC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully and ensure that you demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience required to carry out the role.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We aim to write to all applicants informing them of the outcome of their application, but if we have not contacted you after four weeks from the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.