RGN - Community Nurse Specialist- Float
Staff Nurse - RGN
Band 6/ 7
I am currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse to join a large, busy service provider based in Hackeny, Newham and Tower Hamlet . I require a flexible candidate that is available to work Monday – Friday.
•To provide a flexible role within and between teams to cover leave, sickness and emergencies and to provide general supervision to band 6 nurses.
- To provide high quality community specialist palliative care nursing services to patients and their families within the boroughs that the hospice serves.
- Working as an integrated team of nurses, you will contribute to the overall care of patient and families referred to St Joseph’s within the community setting. Specialising in the advisory and Care Coordinator component of this support you will have shared clinical responsibility for the patients within a defined area and within the team as a whole.
- As a team member you will contribute to a positive supportive working environment with an emphasis on team work and cooperation. You will participate in a rota system providing a 7 day a week face to face and telephone service for patients and their families. This may include visiting out of hours in exceptional circumstances.
- To identify opportunities for clinical audit and research and undertake these activities within the research governance framework of the hospice.
It is anticipated that the work plan will be 10% supervision, 80% clinical (clinical management), and 10% Education and Teaching
• Proactive influential and motivational leader
Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to foster positive relationships
- Advanced assessment and care-planning skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to manage workloads effectively
- Listening, negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrates mentoring skills
- Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of data bases e.g. Microsoft, virtual care etc.
About company/ client:
is a charity established in 1905 by the Religious Sisters of Charity to offer patients diagnosed with a life limiting illness a range of care and professional advisory services. It currently provides high quality palliative and end of life care to a significant and growing number of people living in East London and beyond. It employs a large team of clinical staff, including medical practitioners who work across community, in-patient and out-patient services delivering individualised, responsive and holistic support to patients and their families/carers.
For more information on how to apply for this fantastic opportunity please contact Shona Blackburn on 0845 699 6011 or email a copy of your up to date CV for immediate attention