JOB TITLE: Registered General Nurse
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Registered Manager/Providers
REPORTS TO: The Registered Manager
LOCATION: New Malden, Surrey
POST CODE: KT3 6AR
SALARY: £ 16 - 19.50/hr (negotiable; based on experience)
BENEFITS PROVIDED: Pension Scheme / 6 weeks paid holiday
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
• To work as part of a team to provide and maintain professional standards in accordance with the principles of care as set out by the guidelines of the NMC
• To accept personal accountability for their own practice as a Registered Nurse and to work at all times within the NMC Code of Conduct.
• To take responsibility for the day to day implementation of residents’ care needs, as identified in their individual assessment and care planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. To provide a high standard of nursing care and to meet the needs of residents based on an assessment of their care needs in consultation with residents, other professionals and family.
2. To contribute to the personal needs of the individual ensuring that residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality and that they enjoy a good quality of life by providing a friendly caring environment
3. To assist with re-assessment of the residents’ needs, and re-evaluation of care - adapting and prioritising the planned care appropriately.
4. Delegation and supervision of duties assigned to care staff.
5. Communication with outside Agencies and Medical Practitioners.
6. Ordering of drugs and medical supplies and the safe disposal of unwanted
drugs, in accordance with accepted procedures.
7. Storage and administration of drugs including controlled drugs and completing the MAR charts without error.
8. Routine observations and record keeping.
9. To be competent in the specific nursing skills required of your position and training e.g. PEG feeds, stoma care, wound care and phlebotomy
10. To be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures as laid down by the White House Nursing Home.
11. The postholder must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
12. All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
13. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested, in order to maintain the smooth running of the Home.