We have a new opportunity for a Scrub Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre.
At Devizes, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Devizes and the surrounding area. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day treatments across the following areas:
dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, joint replacements (outpatient assessment only), minor orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and CT scan technology, arranged with local providers.
As a Scrub Nurse you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
• Be competent in all aspects of theatre technique and procedures
• Maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alert medical staff when required
• Effectively communicate the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
• Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Monitor theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Significant and relevant clinical experience in orthopaedics, general surgery or ophthalmology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills
• PACU/day surgery unit experience.
• NMC registered General Nurse
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 183/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.