We have a new opportunity for a Scrub Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre.
At Devizes, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Devizes and the surrounding area. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day treatments across the following areas:
dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, joint replacements (outpatient assessment only), minor orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and CT scan technology, arranged with local providers.
As a Scrub Nurse you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
• Be competent in all aspects of theatre technique and procedures
• Maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alert medical staff when required
• Effectively communicate the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
• Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Monitor theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Significant and relevant clinical experience in orthopaedics, general surgery or ophthalmology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills
• PACU/day surgery unit experience.
• NMC registered General Nurse
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 183/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
For more information about centre, please visit http://www.devizestreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.