We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrub Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre as the ENT Lead.
At Emersons Green treatment centre we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
As the ENT Lead, you will be expected to take responsibility for the management of the team, including equipment, instrumentation and standards within the specialty.
Key duties will include:
• Day to day responsibility for ensuring an efficient, effective and safe day case service is delivered
• Involvement in the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and teaching those skills to other members of the multi-disciplinary team
• Taking responsibility for the management and effective use of personnel and surgical consumables within the specialty
• Working closely with the unit team to ensure the outpatient assessment supports the delivery of patient care, and efficient use of theatre time
• Liaising with relevant consultants to plan forthcoming surgery requirements
• Running theatre lists both efficiently and competently follow policies and procedures; utilising resources within the department effectively to deliver quality care at all times
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• ENT training and extensive ENT experience in the operating environment
• Leadership skills and experience of effectively managing a team
• Up to date professional knowledge of ENT
• NMC Registered Level 1 Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Teaching/ mentoring qualification
• Specialist theatre training e.g. ENB 183/176 or equivalent
• Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.