Due to expansion at Peninsula Treatment Centre and the addition of a third theatre and a two suite endoscopy unit; we are currently looking for experienced nurses to join our dedicated team.
Recently achieving an 'outstanding' rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centrs offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Working as part of the multidisciplinary team, you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre department.
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Being able to interpret the significance of data to the patient’s health status
• Effectively communicaing the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent and relevant experience of working within a theatre environment
• Experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery or ENT
• Recovery experience
• NMC Registered General Nurse or HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Teaching Qualification – 7307, ENB 998 or equivalent
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.