BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Senior 1 Physiotherapist - Musculoskeletal to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 16.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven to succeed
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist/State Registered Occupational Therapist with at least five years postgraduate general hospital experience
- 3 years in musculoskeletal outpatients
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for outpatients, inpatients, sports medicine, hydrotherapy, participating in these patients’ pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
- To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation.
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager, and to deputise for him as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.