BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI Healthcare’s Priory Hospital Birmingham has a vacancy for a Senior Physiotherapist –Women’s Health Specialist to join their team of staff within the Physiotherapy Department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven to succeed
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Must have BSc Hons Physiotherapy
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Must be proactively involved in own development
- To have been involved in mentoring and teaching in a previous role
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Women’s Health predominantly within the outpatient setting but may include inpatient, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the Women’s Health within the hospital, working closely with the regional marketing team, consultants and GP referrers
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager, and to deputise as required
- To participate in on call and weekend rota
- Completion of all mandatory training inline BMI Learn timescales
- Undertake specific role related training
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Independent sector employer – BMI Healthcare employment terms and conditions apply.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.