Senior Care Assistant - FT
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity at our brnad new home in Sutton?
Our 83 bedded home on the Westmead road is due to open in November and we are looking for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team.
As Senior Care Assistant
you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Care Assistant
you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
What we do is vitally important: caring for people, providing beautiful, safe and comfortable homes for them to live in and supporting them in their future lives. We encourage our residents to retain their independence wherever possible and our homes are a vital, thriving part of the local community.
Working with Gracewell means that you will have an important role to play, with particular responsibilities and duties. You'll be part of a great team of dedicated people who have chosen to work with us because they love what they do and believe they can make a real and positive difference to the lives of our residents.
We recognise that it is the small details and personal attention that makes all the difference; knowing that each resident in our care has special interests, that their life story is unique and often incredible, and that we can help them to continue to cherish their family, friends and important memories.
At Gracewell Healthcare we offer our employees a competitive salary and benefit package, a Gracewell uniform and a comprehensive induction programme prior to welcoming our residents to their new home in the Winter.