Hourly Rates up to £9.50 + Company Benefits
We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team at Lake & Orchard Care Centre based in Kelfield, York. This is a Full Time position working 44 hours per week.
Lake & Orchard Care Centre provides care and support for older people requiring EMI nursing and EMI residential care.
- Build good relationships with the people we support as well as other staff members
- Provide daily support to the residents to help maintain and improve, where possible, independence and mobility
- Assist residents to carry out their activities of living e.g., dressing, eating and bathing
- Set the dining room, serve and clear meals to a high standard
- Provide in-between nourishment as instructed, including the service of tea/coffee etc. to visitors
- Assist residents to choose from the daily menu and report any comments on food and requests for particular dishes
- Assist with bed making and changing of linen
- To keep all rooms clean and tidy at all-times ensuring a safe environment
- 28 days annual leave inc BH (pro rata)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- QCF / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent is essential
- Willing to train to administer medication
- Passion for delivering high quality care
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be familiar with medication procedures and confident to lead a shift in the managers absence
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.