Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Senior Care Assistant
is one of the fundamental roles within our communities.Transportation provided
from Surbiton to Esher for morning and evening shifts
As Senior Care Assistant
you will put the residents care and well being at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Senior Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed.
Transportation provided from Surbiton to Esher for morning and evening shifts.
As Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
Our strength lies in the quality of our care and in turn the people we employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you;
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Sunrise is an award-winning provider of high quality residential and dementia care. From the moment you step into our beautiful grounds you know you are somewhere special. We have 27 locations across the UK and continue to expand and grow our proposition.
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our residents' lives. Our resident-centered approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK