Senior Care Assistant NVQ2
Base Pay : £6.51 - £7.41 /Hour
Other Pay : N/A
Location : UK-Doncaster
Site or Unit :
Cedars Care HomeAddress :
Cedars Road, Balby, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN4 9HUContracted Weekly Hours : 33
Cedars Care Home is a 64 bed purpose built care home with 31 beds for general residential clients and 33 beds for Dementia residential clients. Our Dementia Unit is PEARL accredited which recognizes best practice in caring for people with dementia. Found in the Doncaster suburb of Balby, Cedars is very much part of that community with local schools and churches paying us regular visits. We put our residents' health and happiness at the heart of everything we do, and our dedicated team of nurses and carers actively encourage them to take part in all decisions - contributing to everything from the way their rooms look to the therapies they receive.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will support the running of the shift and show warmth and support to our residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
So as a Senior Care Assistant what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality of care by continually assessing our residents needs and wishes
- Develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors and family, and other health care professionals
- Promote high standards of care by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and shifts run in a smooth and efficient manner
- Promote the Home in a professional manner, by becoming actively involved in raising awareness of the Home within the local community
In order to achieve this our carers should have:
A positive attitude and wholly adopt a person centered approach; showing compassion and a desire to make a difference. Show leadership qualities, and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care. Our senior care assistants must hold a minimum of NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care and have a legal right to work in the UK.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.