Senior Carer to join us at Wickmeads - our brand new residential home in Bournemouth which opened in March 2016
- Full time or part time hours
- Competitive salary offered - £8.59 per hour after completion of probationary period plus bank holiday pay enhancements
- Excellent training and a supportive working environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at our new home. Located in the heart of Tuckton, Wickmeads is a 50 bed state of the art bespoke home that has been designed according to the latest research into dementia and nursing care.
As a Senior Carer you will, under the general supervision of home's management team, be part of the team responsible for providing sensitive and appropriate care for residents according to individual needs and in line with agreed care plans. You will cover early and late shifts including alternate weekends.
In addition you will be responsible for directly overseeing carers and day to day care practice in line with high standards of care provision. This role will involve covering early and late shifts and alternate weekends.
We have an excellent reputation for providing high quality, innovative residential and nursing care across the South of England. Our values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect, Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, and the services that we provide every day to our residents and service users.
What we're looking for:-
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team
- Experience of administering medication
- Experience of supervising staff
- A sensitive caring approach to caring for vulnerable adults
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety and manual handling procedures
- Experience of supporting and mentoring care staff
- A commitment to delivering excellent care
- You will be qualified to NVQ 2 or Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care. A level 3 qualification is desirable for this role but not essential. If you are not already qualified to this level you will be willing to undertake it.
In return we offer:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details, or an informal discussion, please contact Karen Taylor, Home Manager, or Rachel Harrison, Deputy Manager, on 01202 296906.